Sunday, November 8, 2009

Catching up on Halloween



Miss Maeryn LOVED her first Halloween (that she was old enough to know what the heck was going on). She went as a GA cheerleader (thanks mom and dad :) and was adorable! She seemed a little concerned at first since it had started to get dark and there quite a few, ok a bunch, of people on the street that we were on. Not to mention the garb they donned. So yeah, at first she was a little..."Ooook mommy, where are you taking me?...." but once she got the hang of things she was more like "Ok, mommy I see my candy bowl target, later!"

The first piece of candy she got, the lady put it in her bag. As soon as we started walking away, Maeryn reaches into her bag to retrieve her treasure. I had to tell her that we were getting MORE as I put it back in her bag, repeatedly, pretty much until we got to the next person who gave her candy. I think she believed me then. She would hold on tight to my finger looking mostly concerned, until she spotted a candy bowl. Then she'd make a beeline to her target and the concerned face would come only after she got her candy and remembered she'd left her mommy. Of course I was steps behind her and we'd hold hands again until she found another treasure post.

She was pretty funny. She didn't quite get the whole "you only get one thing from each person" deal. She tried, multiple times, to hit up the same candy giver over, and over. She was probably just trying to be efficient. "Heck with all this walkin to get one piece of candy, I'll stay here and take YOUR bag, thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment